Travel Shovel

Friday, November 10, 2006

Bus courtship rituals

It seems a strange place to do it, but yesterday I witnessed the bizarre courtship ritual of two hippies (I could tell they were hippies from the clothing they were wearing, and the guy had long hair ;). The bus was busy, standing room only, across from me was an alcoholic builder who had transferred his beer from it's bottle into a clear water bottle…subtle I thought. He was quite entertaining too, once he'd finished his beer he started falling asleep, doing that leaning over thing until his head rested on the girl next to him, then he'd wake up. The girl wasn't too pleased with this but said nothing. Her face was a picture of discust and fear though, which for some reason I found amusing. It got to the point where she could take it no more and stood in the aisle; the drunk now having no-one to stop his falling head proceed to almost reach horizontal before waking up. I couldn't contain my grin and had to look away with my hand over my mouth for fear of offending the man and have him breathe on me.

Anyway I digress, back to the courtship of two hippies. It's a busy bus, the hippies have been talking but they need to take it to the next level…no not that level, they decide to do pull ups on the bus… the girl barely managed one and the guy was too tall to make it count but he proceeded anyway scouring the bus for more suitable bars - I'm sorry but if you're head's almost touching the bus roof you're not going to find anything…unless you get creative with the escape hatches. Shortly after that they got off so I can't say what happened next, I'd like to think they found a tree to hug that had branches suitable for pull ups for both of them...oh happy days.

3 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for the "crazies" not travelling at peak hours! Sounds like a hoot!

Pull-ups as a courtship ritual. Must add that to my list of hpw to impress the girls. Figure my 3/4 personal best won't be too impressive though :(

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear your coming home, you owe me a mars bar!

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howday Paul - Paul here. Just wanted to say Hi - also I noticed with the picture of the wrist (which is a big jessie injury by the way). I noticed you left out the rest of your hand - now is that something to do with Wide angle lens or available blog picture memory? Only kidding hope you are doing well. Here are some Edinburgh words to keep you going.
I had a pure Barrie time in the pub, I played the puggie and...I've run out for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home