Travel Shovel

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Primetime censorship

I'm watching lethal weapon (a classic in my opinion), however not only is it being spoiled by commercials every 10 minutes, scenes being cut, but also by the censoring of various swear words. It reminds me of the first time I saw it on British TV 15 years ago (?). Below are some classic examples that always bring a smile to my face (i'm easily amused)

"We bury the funsters"

"The jack rabbit son of a bee"

"bullshoot"

My favourite so far - Riggs has been shot in the chest, the blast has put him through a shop window - fortunately he's wearing his bullet proof vest. Briefly stunned, he comes too and proclaims to his partner "I'm miffed Roger, I'm miffed!". And rightly so I say what!

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bulshoot" a classic, even better than "Bulldust" which ive' heard on US TV. Tally ho old bean, what what.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Shovels said...

thanks igg! I better not watch Tron then

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pm! what say you buddy? you forgot the classic ending of "yippee ki ay kimo sabi" or however its spelt. this may be limited to prime time british tele tho. /laugh @ chokeland. :D

sco.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home